Halloween is the perfect time to stir up some Hocus Pocus fun for your favorite kiddos! Here’s a Halloween party plan that will cast a fun spell over the whole group!
Halloween is scary. There, I said it. But not for the reasons you may think. Sure, bony skeletons, a green-faced witch, and floating ghosts all have a way of making this time of year spooky, but the real fear is the amount of sugar my kids will consume over the next several weeks thanks to my very generous neighbors! Hosting a Halloween party for your little goblins may be even more frightening! Between the costumes and candy, there is certainly going to be a level of excitement (dare I say craziness) that will certainly accompany any party. Hopefully you will find this Hocus Pocus Halloween Party will be just the spell you need for a scare-free event!
A witch or two with some Witch’s Brew. Some slime to bubble in the cauldron. A few cackles during some games. These are the elements of this Hocus Pocus Halloween Party!
I recommend using a small group rotation game format for this party! (For more information on game formats, click here.)
- Witch’s Brew served in a cauldron
- Witch Fingers – Bugles snacks
- Witch Wands – pretzel rods
- Candy Apple Dippers
- Lollipop sticks
- Cupcake wrappers
Now on to the witchy games!
- Candy Corn Cauldron Toss –directions
- Witch Hat Ring Toss – directions
- Make your own or check out this version at Oriental Trading
- Witch Broom Golf – directions
- Make your own or check out this version from Oriental Trading
- Class Activity Option: Scary Scattergories – Scary Scattergories worksheet
A little witch’s potion slime craft!
To get everyone in the Halloween spirit, end the party with the movie “Hocus Pocus”! – buy it on Amazon
And don’t forget to make it festive with some decorative paper goods!
- Witch’s Crew plates – buy it on partycity.com
- Witch’s Crew Napkins – buy it on partycity.com
- Or just go with the whole Witch’s Crew party kit! – buy it on partycity.com
Check out the box below for the whole plan!
- lemon-lime soda
- lime sherbet
- green food coloring
- Bugles snacks
- pretzel rods
- caramel dip
- candy for apple dippers
- lollipop sticks
- cupcake wrappers
- candy corn
- plastic cauldrons
- black foam board
- masking tape
- snack size zip top bags
- witch hats
- glow necklaces
- wrapping paper
- witch's broom
- plastic golf balls
- plastic cups
- medium black gift bags
- construction paper
- baking soda
- contact solution
- Elmer's white school glue
- lidded jars
- Hocus Pocus movie
- purple or green plates
- Witch's Crew kit
- Witch's Brew served in a cauldron
- Witch Fingers - Bugles snacks
- Witch Wands - Pretzel rods
- Candy Apple dippers
- Candy Corn Cauldron Toss
- Witch Hat Ring Toss
- Witch Broom Golf
- Class Witchy Scattergories
- Witch's Potion Slime
- Witch's Crew Kit or
- Witch's Crew plates
- Witch's Potion slime in a jar
Hope your party scares up some great fun!